Tuesday, October 6, 2009

M.I.A.

Trying to get back into the swing of things. We've been very busy with back-to-school stuff, sharing the flu back and forth, just the usual stuff. I found a great deal on a Viking sewing machine (model 6460) at an estate sale last weekend for $20! It works great. I've already put my old Singer away and am enjoying playing with this cutie. Maggie and Ellie love it, I can slow it down so it doesn't go too fast for the kiddies.

I flaked out on the sew-along. I cut out my tunic and pretty much freaked out because it was SO BIG! I'm plus-size, but geez, it was REALLY PLUS-SIZE. That got me thinking about when my grandmother used to try and teach me to sew when I was little. I didn't really take to it right away like my other sisters. I think now it was because it was always because I couldn't find clothes to fit - I've always been a big chubby. So why am I surprised that I didn't want to learn how to sew?? It was humiliating not being able to go buy ready-to-wear clothes. So, long story short - I'm not doing anymore garmet sewing for me anymore. Just home deco, quilts, kid stuff, bags, totes, etc. No clothes for me. In the meantime I'll just keep trying to eat healthy, exercise, and lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment